If entrepreneurship is like jumping off a cliff and building a plane on the way down, marrying an entrepreneur can be like jumping off a cliff and not even knowing if there is a plane. It’s a wild ride for both parties- with unparalleled opportunities and unique challenges. It can be equally isolating for both people. In the context of marriage & relationships, that puts unnecessary strain on the couple.
If you’re an entrepreneur, or married to one, you may be experiencing some of these common challenges:
- battling priorities between work, kids, your partner, and personal time
- equalizing the power struggles that derail intimacy
- managing personality traits that are great in business but challenging at home
- the ability to connect due to a lack of shared purpose/ ambition
Resolving these issues leads to:
- Growing the business without growing apart
- Shared priorities with clear boundaries and expectations
- Renewed intimacy and connection
- Balance of power and contribution
- The co-creation of a bigger, shared future.
You may feel like you’re at a transition point in you life. Things aren’t necessarily broken, but they aren’t optimal. Maybe you’re considering counseling to get out of the cycle you’ve been in for years. While counseling is a great tool, your partner may be resistant to a past-based, “how does that make you feel” approach.
This is where coaching may be a better option for you. Coaching uses the past to the point that it’s relevant, but the bigger question is ‘what are we going to do with it?’ Coaching is future focused, prescriptive, objective, and relevant. Coaching also helps bridge the growth-gap that many entrepreneurial couples experience.
I’ve lived in an entrepreneurial household on both sides of the equation- as the entrepreneur and as the partner of one. Over the past 20 years, I’ve coached thousands of entrepreneurs to achieve greater balance, fulfillment, deeper personal connections, and reaching a bigger future- together!
There are a few ways you can engage with my work:
- sign up for my e-mail series: Ask Coach Kelly
- subscribe to my YouTube channel
- follow me on Insta
- hire me for one-on-one personal or couples coaching
- book me to speak at or facilitate one of your events
Most important, whatever brought you to my page, I hope you find connection and encouragement here. I know that entrepreneurial life can be isolating for the entrepreneur and the spouse. I hope you’ve found a space to feel seen and connected here.